Categories
Places

Redburn Square/War Memorial

Originally the square was a pleasant garden and open area for gentlemen’s carriages waiting at the railway station. The square is now the location for the town’s War Memorial dating to 1921, which was designed by L S Merrifield. It takes it’s name from Redburn House, home of Lt John Spencer Dunville of the Royal Dragoons Holywood’s only recipient of the Victoria Cross.